Our Promise to You
We recognise the need for products that can stand up to continuous use. During the applicable warranty period, Seating, as its sole obligation, will repair or replace (at its option), any defective workmanship which fails under normal use. Any components not manufactured by Seating, will carry that manufacturer’s warranty. The guarantee on fabric or leather is held entirely by the respective mill.
ZEN COLLECTION: all Okamura products imported from Japan. These offer a 10-year warranty on all workmanship and manufactured components, based on a productivity lifetime of 8 hour shifts a day.
On all workmanship and manufactured components, based on a productivity lifetime of 8 hour shifts a day for operator and 3-5 hours a day for visitor chairs – in the following collections:
- TREASURY: all products in this collection, except the Core and Cruize (5yrs).
- ANTHOLOGY: only the following products from this range: Form, Quest and Nemesis
ALL OTHER PRODUCTS: fall into this category. They carry a 5-year warranty on all workmanship and manufactured components, based on a productivity lifetime of 8 hour shifts a day for operator and 3-5 hours a day for visitor/accent chairs and soft seating. There is a very small number of our discontinued and imported products that may specify a warranty under 5-years.
To facilitate our warranty service, please keep your original proof of purchase and do not remove the warranty tag from the product (usually found underneath the seat).
- The warranty commences from date of delivery to the client
- An After-sales service call-out/transport fee may be applicable
- The warranty only applies to products used on our recommended hour shifts/day and in suitable environments (see below)
- Please request/download our product Clean & Care Guideline document
- All fabric, foam and wooden components can be flammable, a flame retardant chemical can be applied to the product on request.
CLAIMS NOT COVERED
Our warranty does not apply to claims resulting from negligence or:
- Products with our warranty plate removed
- Fabric or leather (this is held by the supplier)
- Customer’s own fabrics stitched and upholstered by Seating
- Incorrect installation or assembly of our products by the Customer
- Alteration, modification of the product or substitution with any unauthorised components
- Damage caused by vandalism, careless or incorrect usage
- Any damages incurred during third party transport of goods will have to be claimed from the transporter directly. We can however quote on repairing these goods should this occur.
- Seating shall not be liable for loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, incidental or consequential damages. Except as stated above, Seating will not be liable for any loss or damage (including costs) however caused, whether direct or consequential, incurred or suffered by the purchaser or any third party in respect of the products; but nothing contained herein will or will not be considered to exclude or restrict any liability on Seating’s part for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.